Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Tractor Trailer and A Storm


Photography takes me many different places.  I have taken photos on the open plains of Wyoming as well as cities, parks, and abandoned homes.  The above photo was taken at a location that I have never shot before.  Actually, not only have I never shot here, I have never even contemplated shooting here.  Can you guess where it was taken?


I was shooting at a cool and trendy pottery place near downtown Cumming the other day while I was taking headshots for the actresses from "The Hunger Games" and "The Walking Dead".  The weather was not looking promising and ten minutes into our shoot the heavens opened up.  As we were running to save their hair and make up and my camera equipment I noticed a semi truck in the parking lot.  I had an idea!  If it was unlocked, empty, and I was able to obtain permission, this would be a crazy fun place to take photos.  Creativity and an open mind during your photo shoots will always, well almost always, produce great results.
Here are a few shots from the ten minutes before it started pouring.








The trailer had some pine straw bales in it and created a great backdrop for these photos.  TOP PHOTO SETTINGS:  ISO 1600, F2.8, 1/60.
I had an off camera flash @ 1/4 power as my main light source and an on camera flash @1/8 power for fill.  As you can see in the above photo, there were skylights that allowed a little bit of light in on the top.  Below are a few more from inside the semi tractor trailer.



Don't let rain, snow, heat, or cold deter you from getting great shots!
Comment and let me know which one is your favorite!


NOW BOOKING 2012 SESSIONS.  Session fee start at $75.  Call for more details! 
770.365.1738
Like us on Facebook:  Valencia Photography
Check out the website:  www.KyleValencia.com