Sunday, April 15, 2012

Paper backdrop and a cute kid


I wanted to share (well, brag a little) about how cute my son is and how easy it is to get shots of your children. This is my second born, Maddox. My wife had gone shopping on a Saturday and instead of going outside and finding bugs, I convinced my two year old to put on a tuxedo and do a little photo shoot for me.
These shots were taken in my garage with a fashion grey paper backdrop clamped to shelving on the wall. The open garage allowed for the morning light to bounce off the cement floor and fill the entire garage with nice usable light. I used no flashes, no strobes, and no reflectors. Just a camera and a dream. HERE IS MY PHOTO INFO: ISO 800, 4.5, and 1/125.

The entire session lasted for about 5-6 mins and it only took me about 5 mins to set up. My encouragement to you is to take 10-15 minutes out of your crazy day and try something new. Find a cool quilt, bed sheet, paper backdrop, or wall to use as a backdrop. Experiment with manual settings, high ISO's, and different angles. Go out and shoot.