Monday, January 23, 2012

Place mats as a background

This is going to be a quick note. I just wanted every to see how I took this picture of Lincoln today. I wanted to get a close up of his face in natural light. He has some huge and cute eyes!

I didnt want to use a generic black or white backdrop, so I took our dining table's place mats and placed them on the ground next to our sliding glass door in the kitchen.



I put a reflector by his feet to reflect the light coming in through the window back onto his face. like this:


This allowed me to get this shot in complete natural light. Use a white sheet draped over a chair if you don't have a reflector - it will work pretty well to refelct back onto your subject.

Hope you found this helpful.
Shot in manual. ISO 640. Shutter 1/80. Aperature 2.8 (Lens Canon 24-70L 2.8)