Friday, June 1, 2012

Children, Working out, and Photography


I love my boys, I love photography, and I love to work out.  So, I decided I would try to intermingle all three in this project!


This was a simple and easy photoshoot.  I had a backdrop stand, a blue paper backdrop, and a camera.  This photograph was taken using all natural light.

First off, I shot this image in my garage.  It was late in the day and the garage was a perfect place to get some good usable light.  I have said this before and I will say it again - you don't need a bunch of expensive stobes, soft boxes, and stands to get great shots...  Learn what "good light" is, find it around your home, and UTILIZE it!
I simply set everything up, told my lovely wife which angle I desired (see the tripod in the above picture for angle reference), and had her click away for about 2 minutes.  This session only took two minutes because (1) we were about to go to a party and that was all the time we had and (2) that was just about all endurance I could muster up to keep myself in a pull-up position with all three of my beastly children on me :)

Settings:
F:  3.5
Shutter: 1/200
ISO: 640
Lens: Sigma 85mm prime
Camera:  Canon 5D Mark ii
*minor edits in lightroom and photoshop CS5





NOW BOOKING 2012 SESSIONS.  Call for more details! 
770.365.1738
Like us on Facebook:  Valencia Photography
Check out the website:  www.KyleValencia.com