Monday, May 11, 2009

Biggest Trout Yet!

Dicks creek up in north Ga is now my favorite place to fish.  Bryan and I spent two nights here and spent 90% of our time fishing and cooking trout.  The average size trout we were catching were between 8-9 inches.  The entire time we were there we probably caught about 45 trout and cooked probably 20 of those.

Here is the exception of that 8-9 inch trout.  This beauty was the prize of the weekend.  he is 21.5 inches and was caught in a pool no more than 10 feet across and 5-6 feet deep.  I played him for just a few seconds and then swung him on the bank because I only had 2lb line on.  it snapped off right when it was getting onto the bank.
Here is some context to the size trout we were catching and the monster I caught


the two filets on the fire......   I put toasted almond on my side.  MMmmm

First nights catch